So this is day three of the three day quote challenge (can I say how glad I am to get this out of the way, so stressful), which I was nominated for by Wendy Vickers Black. Her blog is absolutely hilarious and heartfelt, you’ve simply got to check it out, it is one of my favorites. And probably this is another surprising quote, because when it comes to quotes in books, they don’t always stand alone, it is all the context and the emotions in the book that really give it meaning.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Publish a quotes on 3 consecutive days on your blog. The quote can be one of your own, from a book, movie, or from anyone who inspires you.
- Nominate 3 more bloggers each day to carry on this endeavor.
My quote for day one:
“I awoke in the closet again… I reached over and touched the closet wall to remind myself the dream was over. The sleek paint felt cold to my fingers. Since I made such frequent visits here, maybe I should just move in. Install a toilet, a sink, build myself a nest…heh.” Ilona Andrews, Gunmetal Magic
I love this book, I love this series, and I love this quote. So fun facts about this book, it features a heroine who isn’t the central one of the series, and I love when authors manage to get me to care about more than just the main hero and heroine in a series. And of course it is well known that I adore this series. But what really gets me on this particular quote is that this is a strong female character. She is a badass, a tough shifter who is an expert marksman and takes no guff off anyone. And she still winds up hiding in the closet sometimes, but better yet, it doesn’t detract from her kickass personality at all. And I don’t know about anyone else, but I need characters like that.
My nominees for day two:
- Willfull at A Willfull Woman… Who has wonderful taste in books and is one of the most ethical readers I know.
- Books Are My Reality Who has a quirky sense of fun and no shame (rightfully so) about anything she likes to read.
- And Monica over at Coffee and Bookaholics who posts interesting things as well as gorgeous pictures on top of her lovely book reviews.
Be sure to check them out, they are all blogs worth devoting some time to.